Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
77 W Port Plaza Dr.
St. Louis, MO 63146
*Preferred location: St. Louis, MO (+ Hybrid Work Schedule)*
Provide and communicate timely competitive pricing strategies to Business Units and Sales that will meet company goals and customer requirements. The key objectives are to coordinate a consistent approach to pricing, streamline our processes and maximize profits. Primary responsibility is to establish a strong business partnership with Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, and Business Unit Management in order to enhance operating profits through strategic pricing analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage pricing strategy for assigned regions and markets, specifically for high value, high visibility opportunities.
- Provide to executive management analysis-based recommendation for price strategy and response to market conditions.
- Lead productive communications among Sales, Customer Service, and Business Units, including resolving issues to facilitate successful quote delivery.
- Deliver quotes quickly and on time for all opportunities in assigned regions.
- Partner with product analysts to ensure fast and accurate quote processing for all business unit products.
- Partner with Sales to win business by developing and communicating creative solutions to customer needs.
- Communicate and drive higher price levels that capture the HPS value offering.
- Improve and sustain procedures to continuously review and adjust pricing based on competitive landscape.
- Participate in and lead special projects.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in a quantitative discipline such as Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, or other analytically rigorous field. Equivalent work experience also considered.
- 3+ years' of experience in an analytical role with a proven track record of success.
- Ability to present information in a clear, concise, and actionable manner.
- Ability to develop prices utilizing inputs from multiple functional areas within the business as well as multiple sources of data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- SAP experience is preferred.
- Must possess excellent analytical and problems solving skills.
- Should have the ability to interact with all levels of associates across the organization and work in a team-oriented environment with a service attitude.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.