About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world's leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
As a Sr. Process Engineer/Project Manager in Life Sciences, you will work in our office and remotely at project sites or other offices as needed to manage design projects to meet our Client's business needs. The successful candidate will work with engineers, architects, designers and other technical professionals to manage projects for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device clients as well as other industrial operations.
- Ability to lead a project and design effort from concept design through start-up
- Process mechanical design as part of multi-discipline project teams in an A&E environment.
- Executes process system engineering from conceptual/planning to final/detail design phase on a wide range of projects from system enhancements or unit operation optimization through all-new greenfield construction.
- Works closely with Client personnel including Manufacturing, Facilities and Maintenance, Quality, and Validation to ensure systems are designed in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Process mechanical design of processes and equipment used in the manufacture of sterile product within the pharmaceutical, biological and medical device industries.
- Working knowledge of process definition means and methods including identifying process unit operations required, developing process flow diagrams (PFDs)preparing energy and mass balances, conducting cycle time and bottleneck analysis, equipment selection, sizing and specifications, utility requirements matrix, and gap analysis, etc.
- Understanding and development of process construction documents including piping & instrument diagrams (P&IDs), equipment general arrangement drawings, piping plans inclusive of orthographic and isometric drawings, operator access platform and equipment support drawings, line lists, tie-in lists, installation specifications, bills of material (BOM), scopes of work, etc.
- Interfaces with OEM's/vendors as needed to accomplish equipment sizing and selection.
- Directs the work performed by CAD designers.
- Facilitates design coordination with controls/automation, utilities, and building systems.
- Provides onsite support as needed during system testing, start-up, commissioning, and qualification.
- Develops project scopes and assists with preparation of proposals for engineering/design services as well as complete constructed solutions.
- Stays abreast of new and emerging technologies, and current Good Manufacturing Practices
- Manages all client communications and client expectations
- Manages project timelines, budget, scope, change and risk throughout the project execution.
- Ability to evaluate project progress and adjust critical path for scope completion and budget adherence required
- Prepares proposals and participates in sales presentations
- 5+ yrs of pharmaceutical and biologics process system engineering/design experience.
- Knowledge and design experience including CIP/SIP, Support Equipment (Washers, Autoclaves, Lyophilizers), and High Purity Water Systems (WFI and RODI).
- Experience with FDA and EMA regulatory standards.
- Familiar with process control methodologies, types of control valves and instrumentation, developing functional specifications, and comfortable working with automation engineers.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, interpersonal skills and ability to interact with our valued team members and clients.
- Computer skills including AutoCAD (basic), Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Project (basic). Familiarity with 3D modeling, computer-based hydraulic analysis and process simulation software skills are considered a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for formal presentations, maintaining client relationships and interacting with our valued team members.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project.
- A Process Engineer can expect up to 60% travel to project sites, collaborate with design professionals in other offices, for training and other purposes.
- BS degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Biomedical, Bioengineering, or related engineering/technical degree is required
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.