About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world's leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our 1,500-plus technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
The Automation Project Manager will be responsible development and support of site-wide automation projects. The scope of this position includes manufacturing, packaging, labs, building automation, utilities, and fire systems; and will lead the automation engineering efforts in the areas assigned by the Automation Manager. The Automation Project Manager will include project scope definition, budgeting, cost control, scheduling, change control, commissioning and GMP qualification of site Automation and Networking CAPEX projects, management of assigned resources, and reporting to respective local and global project oversight teams. This position also includes interaction and interface with local business units as clients, and involved Engineering and Automation teams.
- Manage all aspects of site CAPEX projects: Initiation, scope definition, budget, schedule, customer expectations, site leadership updates, change controls, vendor bid tabulation and evaluation, procurement schedule, cost control, delivery, installation, contractor management, commissioning, and qualification.
- Lead the design team including engineering, IT and OT networking, automation, and control systems consultants. Provide oversight and management of construction/installation of the automation and network infrastructure, support equipment, and associated control and networking systems. All work shall be in alignment with company engineering standards.
- Function as a site technical expert for all questions and issues related to Automation, networking, and associated control systems. Be a site leader in current automation technology and company standards - attend conferences, develop technical expertise, conduct onsite training, etc.
- Develop and optimize operation and maintenance procedures and training programs for instrumentation and control systems.
- Provide oversight and guidance on troubleshooting efforts with operators, electro-mechanical technicians, automation engineers, and process equipment engineers during times of equipment or control system start up and testing. Assist with deviation investigations for areas of expertise; lead investigations when appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Validation department, provide direction and guidance on the development and execution of validation documentation (IQ/OQ/PQ) for GMP instrumentation and control systems.
- Interface with users, peers, management, and global counterparts to ensure stakeholder requirements are understood and integrated into the project scope. Manage vendors and consultants to ensure that contracts contain appropriate technical specifications and are delivered as required. In addition, ensure compliance to local and global corporate standards are met and fully resolved.
- Represent the Automation departmental in corporate, and external regulatory audits and inspections.
- Demonstrate a serious commitment to personnel and process safety during automatic process operations and during troubleshooting activities. Participate in Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) studies, Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (FMEA), and other safety initiatives and programs.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the business. This includes providing on-call or on-site support outside of normal business hours (nights, weekends, and company holidays).
- Other responsibilities assigned by the manager.
- Prior networking/automation/control systems engineering experience in a cGMP regulated industry for minimum 4 years required, 10 or more years preferred.
- Prior experience in the design, implementing, start-up, and testing of industrial Automation/control, networking systems, servers, client applications, and manufacturing environments.
- Prior experience performing system qualification, such as FAT/SAT, commissioning, and IQ/OQ validation.
- Prior experience as a project manager in the development and execution of Automation related projects; as well as cost management, and scheduling.
- Comprehensive background and knowledge of current GxP, NIH, and Automated industry guidelines systems that support large scale recombinant biological processing, including secondary manufacturing such as sterilization, vial filling, lyophilization, packaging equipment, and clean utilities.
- Thorough understanding of relevant European and US regulatory requirements (electronic records and signatures, change control, validation).
- Demonstrated competence and capability in adapting quickly and working with minimal or no supervision in unfamiliar, complex, and critical situations.
- Ability to provide leadership and motivation to generate options, resolve problems, prioritize, and select optimal solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and influence individuals throughout all levels of the organization.
- Strong business understanding.
- Motivated and Committed team player prepared to work in and embrace a multi-disciplined team-based culture.
- Ability to follow and lead others to provide written procedures and document results in a neat and precise manner.
- Drives self and others to maintain attention to detail, accuracy, and right-first-time quality mindset, while completing multiple or repetitive tasks and meeting goals or deadlines.
- Strives to maintain a high level of integrity while balancing multiple priorities and responsibilities.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Company:Design Group US Inc