About Us:BW Flexible Systems is a global manufacturer of packaging systems that fill and bag thousands of food and non-food products. Our packaging systems are designed and manufactured to maximize the efficiency and lifetime value of our customers' packaging lines. Our range of machinery includes form-fill-seal, feeding, bag filling and sealing, pouch-making equipment, flow-wrap, reclosable packaging solutions, palletizing, stretch-wrapping and more.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Job Summary: To contribute to the attainment of divisional goals for revenue, margin, and exceptional customer experience by developing accurate technical solutions to customer's requirements, accurate assessment of our capability to successfully undertake jobs, and accurate cost estimates.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* In response to requests for proposal (RFPs) from field sales, develop proposals for the best, most cost effective, machine or system solution to meet the customer's requirements.
* Develop, produce and send accurate, timely Layout Drawings, Proposals and Cost Estimates - using Infor CRM/CPQ - including supporting documentation to Sales Executives and customers directly.
* Give accurate and timely feedback to the appropriate product line leader regarding perceived changes in the market requirements for our products and solutions.
* Act as liaison between the engineering and sales functions to assist customer order placement and ensure order is properly transferred to Project Management and Engineering.
* Assist in defining technical criteria for new products and special machine configurations, plus analyze customer specifications to recommend proper systems for desired applications; ensure recommended equipment performs according to customer requirements.
* Evaluate each request for proposal in terms of our ability to execute a solution to the customer need that will meet or exceed the customer's requirements for quality and timeliness, while meeting the division's estimates for return.
* Perform product evaluation testing of products in the test lab and demo area.
* A Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering and a minimum of 6 years related experience, OR a two-year post high school diploma/certificate in mechanical or electrical design/drafting and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
* CAD proficient.
* Practical design understanding of mechanical, pneumatic and control systems.
* Demonstrated technical writing capabilities.
* Effective verbal communication skills.
* Working knowledge of SolidWorks.
* Demonstrated leadership abilities.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Company:BWFS US - Minneapolis