We are Panera Bread
Panera began in 1987 as St. Louis Bread Company, a humble community bakery founded with a sourdough starter from San Francisco and a dream of putting a loaf of bread in every arm. While our business has expanded well beyond St. Louis since then, that same sourdough starter is still used in our iconic sourdough bread and the craft of baking bread fresh each day remains at the heart of Panera Bread. Each day our trained bakers fill our bakery shelves with delicious freshly baked cookies, pastries, bagels, and a range of breads from focaccia to classic baguettes.
And we believe that good food, food you can feel good about, can bring out the best in all of us. Food served in a warm, welcoming environment, by people who care. To us, that’s good eating and that’s why we’re here.
The Panera Experience:
We feel the warmth.
– We're a gathering place for laughter and life. And we're a committed team that's here for each other.
We all belong.
– Each one of us at Panera gets to bring our true, authentic self to work and feel the trill of achieving great things - together.
We own our growth.
– There's no standing still around here. Whatever goals when you arrive at Panera, we'll help you
get there, and beyond.
We thrive on trust.
– Panera is about real people and authentic leaders. We're valued for who we are, trusted for what we do, and welcomed for what we bring.
Who Thrives Here?
The kinds of people who will love working at Panera—and perform well here—are hard-working team players who are warm, authentic, and hungry for exciting new opportunities. We’re looking for people who will bring to live our Guiding Values and Behaviors—people who value:
- Making people smile
- Learning, growing, and taking risks.
- Finding Solutions and taking initiative.
- Working (and winning) as a team.
- Having fun and celebrating success.
- Seeing the best in others.